RAW TV Episode July 1, 2019 Checklist – 4 Weeks To Battleground
Roman Reigns Dominant Title Run Is Halted
- Story: Since beating Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship last year at Summerslam, the Big Dog has knocked off many challengers including Kevin Owens, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler, Bobby Lashley, Bray Wyatt, Finn Balor and just most recently Braun Strowman. A new faction has arrived on the main event scene, led by the Glorious Bobby Roode who has ditched being a fan favorite and will do whatever he takes to be the Universal Champion.
- Segment: Bobby Roode introduces his new faction “The Infamous” which consists of himself, Mojo Rawley, Mike Kanellis, and The Ascension. They each talk about how they have been under-utilized since arriving in the WWE and factions like the Shield are handed multiple opportunities by the McMahons and their stooge general managers. They each vow to hold championship gold by the end of the calendar year.
- Match Tonight: Bobby Roode faces off against Sami Zayn in a King of The Ring round-robin match..
- Finish: Bobby Roode wins via interference by the Infamous.
Kevin Owens and Baron Corbin Looking To Take Out John Cena
- Story: John Cena has officially returned back to RAW after several month hiatus. But one person who isn’t glad he’s back is Kevin Owens. It was Cena who last defeated Kevin Owens back in January to qualify for the Royal Rumble and Owens was in the outside looking in for that historic match. Now John Cena demands that he wants to get a crack at Seth Rollins’ Intercontinental Championship because that’s the only gold he’s never won in his illustrious career. Owens and Constable Baron Corbin vow that won’t happen at all costs.
- Segment: Kevin Owens goes to Baron Corbin at his office and demands to have a shot at Seth Rollins tonight for the championship Corbin informs him that Angle gave Cena that match so he’ll contact Stephanie to see if he can change it.
- Match Tonight: Kevin Owens vs John Cena. No. 1 Contender Match for the Intercontinental Championship.
- Finish: Both men score a tie as John Cena gets a tap out from Owens while the ref counts to three as Owens had Cena’s shoulders to the mat.
AOP looks to dismantle The B-Team
- Story: The B-Team captured the tag titles for the second time in their careers at Money In The Bank by defeating their longtime foes: The Revival. Now they look to the horizon as AOP are positioned as the next challengers for the title as they beat Titus Worldwide last week to be No. 1 Contenders.
- Segment: Alexa Bliss hosts her own show Bliss Talk and she introduces Drake Maverick and AOP to her set. Drake talks about the crazy run they had the past year dismantling all the tag teams in their way to get to this point. The interview is interrupted when Breezango and The B-Team have a funny backstage segment mocking the AOP and Drake Maverick. Baron Corbin comes out and sets a match soon afterward.
- Match Tonight: AOP vs Breezango. The B-Team is on commentary.
- Finish: AOP beats Breezango in 5 minutes. Squash match.
The King of The Ring Tournament
- Story: It’s the first week of an 8-week round-robin tournament to crown the King of the Ring. Both RAW and Smackdown will have 8 competitors battle it out to determine the top two spots for the brand semifinals.
- Segment: Throughout the program, there will be vignettes of each superstar in their respective matches tonight talking about their careers and what it would mean to be the King of The Ring and get a future world title opportunity.
- Matches: Bobby Lashley vs Mojo Rawley: Lashley Wins
Drew McIntyre vs Chad Gable: Drew McIntyre Wins
Finn Balor vs Elias: Finn Balor Wins
Bray Wyatt is trying to brainwash Braun Strowman back to his flock
- Story: After losing the Universal Title back to Roman Reigns and having a hard time trying to recapture back his championship, Braun Strowman has been unhinged and reverted back to his own ways of destroying everything in his path. He’s attacking production crew, scaring backstage people but then he halts when he sees Bray Wyatt’s lantern on the floor. Strowman is entangled in a backstage maze where Wyatt is trying to convince Strowman that they should team up once again.
- Segment: A creepy backstage maze with Wyatt narrating Strowman to follow the clues and Strowman finally gets to an empty dark room and on the ground lays a Black Sheep mask.
- Match: This will lead up to a match between Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman for a shot at the Universal Championship at the next PPV.
Ronda Rousey’s Title Reign In Jeopardy against new tandem
- Story: Ronda Rousey has had a successful title defense against Alexa Bliss at Money in the Bank but now has to worry about the new Money in the Bank Winner Sasha Banks. After Sasha Banks finally turned on her best friend Bayley, she has partnered with Alexa Bliss in trying to take out Ronda Rousey. Bliss and Banks have a deal that if either woman wins the title, the new champion will defend her title against the other. So this is a tense short-term partnership.
- Segment: Sasha Banks cuts a promo backstage to the audience about how she tried to endear the fans for years but nothing materialized. She says she hasn’t been the “Boss” since NXT when she ruled the brand with an iron fist. She says she deserves to be the main event of RAW but Ronda Rousey was handed that spot because of her previous accomplishments outside of the WWE. And also the fact that Stephanie McMahon doesn’t have the guts to handle her because she’s scared that she won’t be able her daughters with two broken arms. She says that she’s teamed up with Alexa Bliss so they can rid Rousey of the title forever but she doesn’t care for Alexa Bliss: “She is a means to an end”.
- Match: Sasha Banks vs Bayley. A revenge match after what transpired at the Money In The Bank Ladder Match.
- Finish: Sasha Wins and she teams up with Alexa after the match and put a beatdown on Bayley to show the world that Rousey is next.